Sunday, September 11, 2011

New York Fashion Week

New York Fashion Week started the other day and here are a few photos from some of the collections that have been shown so far:

BCBG Max Azria Spring 2012 ready-to-wear

This collection reminds me a little of what Uli Herzner designed in Project Runway, but with more of an edge. The weightless fabric makes the outfits seem relaxed and effortless, but there's also a sporty feel to some of the looks, as well as a graphic one. What I love most is the fact that the cold shoulders from last season still seem to be hot!

See the entire collection here.


Jason Wu Spring 2012 ready-to-wear

There was a little bit of everything in Jason Wu's collection: leather, glitter, collars, flowers, bows, lace... Mostly there were lots of sequins, lots of blue and lots of dots. And you know how much I love sequins so obviously I love this collection; I mean, just look at that bathing suit! There were also a lot of black/grey outfits that were paired with one colorful piece, like that pink jacket above; it really adds that much-needed splash of color to an otherwise dull outfit; I love it!

See the entire collection here.

Rebecca Taylor Spring 2012 ready-to-wear

Rebecca Taylor embraced the ankle grazer trousers trend (photo 1 and 3) and I love that! The second photo reminds me of something Gwyneth Paltrow would wear in the late 90s, and (I know that I'm alone in this) I really miss the fashion from the 90s... And then there's the last look, which, in theory, I love, but when I look at it I can't get past the fact that the skirt is see-through. Other than that, though, that's definitely one of my favorite outfits from the collection.

See the entire collection here.

Victoria Beckham Spring 2012 ready-to-wear

I think that those four looks above are incredible, and there were many more in her collection that really impressed me. There were also some boring ones, but all in all, I am very impressed. I feel like she kind of stepped out of her comfort zone and included some fun and youthful outfits that she might not necessarily wear herself.

See the entire collection here.


The most amazing collection that has been shown during this NYFW is by far Prabal Gurung's! But that collection is just so incredible it needs its own post, which it will get, soon.

Photos courtesy of www.style.com