Friday, September 2, 2011

The Venice Film Festival continues

The streak has been broken. I can no longer say that I've liked all the looks at the Venice Film Festival after seeing Madonna, the nun, in L'Wren Scott at the W.E photocall yesterday.


I'm also not so sure about this Victoria Beckham dress that Kate Winslet wore to the Carnage premiere last night:

It's especially the shoulder area that bothers me. That part of the dress just looks better on the model; the shoulders are way too 'pointy' on Kate. And this isn't her best color. I prefer seeing Kate in more colorful, yet sophisticated, dresses.

I actually think that the model looks more interesting and cool, but I understand that Andrea Riseborough couldn't walk the Red Carpet in skirt and bra. I just think that the top of the dress could've looked better, though I can't really put my finger on what the problem is. But I am beyond in love with the skirt; it's so elegant and very Dior.

And as usual, Diane Kruger knocks it out of the park. Diane + Chanel just can't go wrong.

The colors and the fabric are amazing! Although, the top of the dress looks a little too corset-like on Abbie Cornish (because of the lighting, maybe?); I wonder how it looks in the back, I've been unable to find a photo. But I love this dress the way it looks on the model, so it might just be that it looks better from the front, when you can see her curves more clearly.

Natasha Poly definitely looks beautiful, but it's nothing special. I feel like I've seen this dress a million times, you know. She should have worn it like the model, because a) that's a better color and b) that scarf-like thing makes the dress more glamorous, fun and original.

And last but not least, Asia Argento in Alberta Ferretti. Aaah, amazing!

Photos courtesy of redcarpet-fashionawards.com