Thursday, August 25, 2011

27, 26, 25... 24 DAYS UNTIL THE EMMY AWARDS!

Aaaah, I'm psyched! 

I'm a little disappointed by the nominees though, but what else is new? I don't understand why the CW's shows are never nominated... I mean, really, what makes a show worthy of an Emmy? 

It's always House, Mad Men, 30 Rock, The Big Bang Theory, Glee, Nurse Jackie, Lost, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Entourage, Modern Family, True Blood, bla bla bla...

Now, I like many of those shows, but they aren't what they used to be (thankfully, some of them have ended now, or are about to). It's just a shame that more shows aren't considered, because there are better shows out there. And I'm not just being subjective; but honestly, there are. It's not all about originality, you know. It has to be likeable too.

Of course it's always exciting to see Olivia Wilde, Kaley Cuoco, Lea Michele and Julie Bowen on the Red Carpet, but I would rather see Nina Dobrev, Leighton Meester, AnnaLynne McCord and Sophia Bush on the carpet and on stage accepting their awards.

At least Nina was there last year, performing with the Glee cast and looking great in Zuhair Murad. And I hear Ian Somerhalder will be a presenter this year, so that's good.

As always, I'm beyond excited about what everyone will wear at the Red Carpet! Check out some of my favorite gowns from last year and get psyyyyched:

Kim Kardashian wearing Marchesa
Claire Danes wearing Armani Prive
Maria Menounos wearing Ralph & Russo

Which were your favorite Red Carpet looks at the Emmys last year?