Saturday, August 13, 2011

FW '11 Trend Recap

Time for another fall trends 2011 recap, don't you think? Here's the last one in case you missed it.

Aside from crimson, another hot color this season is Mustard.
These are Givenchy (left) and Jill Sander (right) designs. 
And lets not forget about Green. These outfits were
designed by Emilio Pucci (left) and Gucci (right). 
Givenchy (left) and Louis Vuitton (right)
Okay, now this is just kinky. It's supposed to be a "strict" trend, but I really just get the feeling of (especially
from the photo to the right) a stripper who's on her way to a bachelor party. And I can't even decide if she looks
more like a stewardess, a police officer or a maid. I'm gonna have to ponder that important question for a while...
Glitter, gilded fabrics and sequins are also hot this fall (I've missed the disco-trend, so I
definitely welcome this). The shoes are Miu Miu and the outfit to the right is Prada. The Prada
outfit really fascinates me; it looks kind of like a pilot with fish-skin. And yet I love it! 
Berry. What a lovely color. What's not as lovely is the makeup on that poor girl's
face (right). That foundation or powder or whatever it is is just way to dark for
her skin tone. These designs are Louis Vuitton (left) and Pink Tartan (right).
This is the Wild West Cowgirl trend. I don't like it. It might grow on me, but at the moment I just feel like these
outfits should be worn to maskerades, if even that. And besides, it looks more like a Scottish kilt-trend to me.
These are Dsquared (left) and Moschine Cheap & Chic (right) designs. 
I've talked about this graphic, futuristic, geometric-inspired trend before. But I love it, and I love these
outfits, so I simply had to include them. To the left is a Burberry Prorsum outfit and to the right is Hermès.
Images from fashionmagazine.com