Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hit or miss?

I was working on my 'Best Dressed of the Week' list and realized that I really didn't know if I loved or hated this outfit:

Zoe Saldana at at screening of her new movie Columbiana in Miami earlier this week (right)
The embroidered details on the dress are so, so, so, so amazing that I really want to love this. And the deep V-neck looks incredible on Zoe and the dress fits her perfectly; I love the shape of it.

What I don't like is that white train. It really ruins the outfit for me. But I could almost have accepted the train if it weren't for that white "line" that goes all the way around her - what the hell?! And those black sandal-like shoes were such a weird choice.

But I can't say that I love the model's outfit either. Because then it's the belt that ruins it for me. It should've been Zoe's deep V-neck, no belt, no train and the model's shoes (or just standard black or white Louboutins). Aaah, just thinking about how perfect this outfit would be if those small details were changed makes me want to cry.