Thursday, August 4, 2011

SJP in American Vogue

Sara Jessica Parker is on the cover of American Vogue this month. She and her family were photographed by Mario Testino and as usual his photos are, in a word: incredible. See the photos of SJP, her husband Matthew Broderick (can't these two just get a divorce already?), their eight-year-old son James Wilkie and their two-year-old twins, Tabitha and Loretta, below.




SJP wearing a Bottega Venetta dress. Matthew
Broderick wearing Ralph Lauren.



SJP wearing an Oscar de la Renta dress



SJP wearing Marc Jacobs



SJP wearing a Chanel suit and Manolo Blahnik pumps



SJP wearing Michael Kors



SJP wearing a Proenza Schouler dress and Manolo Blahnik suede
pumps. The kids are her son James Wilkie (right) and his friends

I recommend you to buy the magazine and read the long interview with SJP, which focuses mainly on how she juggles work, home and sanity. Otherwise, here are the interview highlights

“I tried to make myself look more presentable today, but the odds of not being, when I leave the house in the morning, are pretty high.” She says  “Bradshaw’s life is nothing—nothing—like mine. I loved playing her, and it changed my life in lots of wonderful ways, but I’m not a crazy shoe lady, I don’t think about fashion all day long, although I have a great respect for the industry”

“We don’t have any live-in help. We’re pretty hands-on parents. That’s something that’s important to both of us, and we don’t shirk it, because what’s the point in having a family if you’re not going to really participate in it, you know?”

“The beautiful thing about New York is, you have to expose yourself to other people the minute you step outside the door. There is no choice. And I love that.”
(Yes! That’s one of the many reasons why I want to live there).

"If I didn't have kids, I would be at the theater or the ballet every single night of my life,"


“My father used to tell me not to stare all the time, because I was always staring at everyone, and he would say, ‘You’re making a spectacle.’
But I couldn’t help myself.”

“I love the opportunity to wear something really special and go to a wonderful event at some great cultural institution. Not to sound too Pollyanna about it, but I really didn’t imagine when I was a little girl that I would be there to see it all myself.”

“I’m a bitter-ender. It’s potentially my fatal flaw that I do not give up on something. I will not rest. I work and work and work until I can no longer and someone has to remove me from the premises.”

"I’m like that two weeks into every movie. But the beauty of nerves is that you can always find a comrade in it. When Pierce [Brosnan] came, he was a nervous wreck! Of course, by then I was really relaxed, but I was so comforted by it.”

“I don’t know how to even telescope the future, except to say that I like to be an actor and I like to be a working actor and I don’t know how long I’ll be doing that, but it seems to stretch itself out in front of me more than I thought.”

“Oh, my God, it’s 11:59. I’m going to run home and change clothes because I have to be at a business meeting at 12:00.”

Wow, I can really relate to a lot of what she says, except the kids-parts – I’m not exactly a kids-person... I love Sarah Jessica Paker. I love her look - she's so beautiful, I love her style, I love her work. I love everything about her - except maybe her taste in men.

Don't forget to check out her new movie I Don't Know How She Does It. It comes out in September, and not only is SJP in it, but so is Jessica Szohr, Pierce Brosnan, Busy Philipps, Olivia Munn and Christina Hendricks.

Images from www.vogue.com